We have some really fantastic events.
Family history month comprises of several components:
- 31 July - NZ Family History Fair launch event - "A morning with Richard III" in conjunction with the New Zealand Society of Genealogists, NZ Family History Fair, Ancestry
- 31 July - NZ Family History Month launch events:
12 noon: The Royal New Zealand Fencible Corps with Alan La Roche
2pm: Using DNA to solve genealogical puzzles with Helen Smith
3.30pm: Writing family history for magazines and newspapers with Cassie Mercer (Inside History Magazine)
Events on 31 July are a "taster" and a way of whetting the appetite for the NZ Family History Fair. Of course, we will see you at the Fair too!
- 5 Aug - Find your past: a day with Josh Taylor FindMyPast US - Full day event - 3 seminars and research assistance (additional seminars to what he is delivering at the NZ Family History Fair)
- New Zealand Family History Month speaker series 2013.
Specialist library staff speaking at Auckland Libraries around the region.
71 events, 31 libraries and 3 research centres, 19 different topics, eight different speakers.
- Family history lunchtime series:- weekly instead of fortnightly for the month of August.
- 7 Aug: Family history sources at Archives New Zealand with Stephanie va Gaalen
- 14 Aug: Filling the cradles: private residential maternity homes with Lisa Truttman
- 21 Aug: By sea, by ship: celebrating 20 years of the Voyager Maritime Museum Library
- 28 Aug 12noon: Introduction to the New Zealand Society of Genealogists with Christine Hurst
- 28 Aug 1pm: Family archives - prepare and preserve with David Ashman
- 30 Aug:- The Karen Kalopulu Family History Lock-In - closing Auckland Libraries' NZ Family History month programme