Latest newspapers added
- Dominion (1907-1920)
- Free Lance (1910-1920)
- Press (1915-1920)
- Te Puke Times (1913-1920)
- Thames Advertiser (1874-1899
Do you want better search results when using PapersPast?
Here are a few tips from an expert on PapersPast:
Emerson Vandy of the National Library recommends using the more search options feature rather than basic search on the homepage and specify a few of the settings under the optional filters. By doing so, you can get more relevant search results and increase your ability to scan through them more effectively.
Two easy changes to make are:
- Increase the number of results per page from the default of 10 to 100
- Tick the box show preview images, this allows you to visually preview some of the content for each result
- Set a date range to search, for example, January 01, 1900 to December 31, 1910
- Choose one or more newspapers to search by using the computer keyboard’s “Ctrl” key, hold it down while you highlight a title from the list rather than every newspaper in the database.
Family History Lunchtime event:- PapersPastIf you want to learn more about PapersPast, come along to Emerson Vandy’s Family History Lunchtime session on Wednesday, September 5th.
Book online or phone 09 307 7771.