Family history month at Auckland Libraries is shaping up wonderfully.
At Central, we have weekly lunchtime sessions each Wednesday, instead of the usual fortnightly ones. We're hopeful that we have something for everyone:
- Genealogy in the Pacific Islands with Christine Liava’a,
- Introduction to the New Zealand Society of Genealogists with Christine Hurst,
- Local Knowledge with Lisa Truttman,
- Researching the NZ Land Wars with John Binsley,
- Anō te rakau manga rau / A heavily branched tree provides shelter with Margaret Ngaropo
We also have hands on workshops in the Akozone Learning Centre on Level 1, on Wednesdays, from 2-3pm - so you have time to listen to a lunchtime session, grab some lunch or do some research; then attend one of our workshops.
These sessions are designed to help you get the best out of our online resources and subscription websites:
- Using Auckland Libraries eResources with Seonaid Lewis
- Using Ancestry at Auckland Libraries with Marie Hickey
- Using FindMyPast UK with Seonaid Lewis
- Using FindMyPast Ireland with Marie Hickey
- Using FindMyPast Australasia with Seonaid Lewis
Places are limited for these workshops, so you need to book quick to make sure you can get a seat!
We're currently putting the finishing touches to our family history programme that we are delivering out at our other research centres and community libraries in the Auckland Libraries group - so keep an eye out on our website, or ask your local library.